Thursday, October 1, 2015

The Skeleton In The Closet

It's October 1st which means it's time for The Skeleton In The Closet!

the skeleton in the closet a halloween tradition

I have been Halloween obsessed for forever. I was the creepy little girl hammering scrap wood together to make crosses for the lawn. Halloween is my jam, y'all, so when I found out that there was an Elf on the Shelf for Halloween, you bet your sweet ass I bought one.

*groan* I know, some of you are not fans of things like this, Elf on the Shelf especially (he is super creepy looking) because I remember doing this:

somewhere out there is a hater looking at your pics like this meme

But ya know what? If it makes my son giggle, it's worth it, and I have fun thinking of things to do.

So how does this whole skeleton in the closet thing work? (No, I'm not getting any affiliate perks, I just love this product, okay?) You buy the set that comes with an adorable book that explains everything, just like Elf on the Shelf. Every October 1st, the Skeleton in the Closet rises from the dead, comes out of your child's closet, and begins to trick-or-treat you every day until Halloween night when he/she goes back to the grave.

So obviously, if you're not into things rising from the dead and your kid thinking creepy things are in their closet, this may not be for you. Although the book is beautiful and makes everything very cute and light. My son wants to be a zombie so obviously this isn't a problem in our family.

You get to name your skeleton if you want. My son wanted to name him Jack Skellington but then I remembered that's what he named his elf. So I prodded him again and we finally agreed on Khaos (the super villain from the video game Skylanders).

So now that I've bored you to death, here is what Khaos did on his first day.


Yup, he had a coming out party *badum pshhhhh* I'll be here all week, guys and gals.

If you think this is neat, I'll be taking pics of all the fun shenanigans Khaos will be getting into this month.

I wish it were Halloween everyday.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. You rock!